HSK Exam Preparation
Excel in the Hanyu Shuijun Kaoshi (HSK) exams with the support and guidance of our experienced Mandarin teachers, committed to your success.
Agape School of Education offers intensive classes designed to prepare students for the Hanyu Shuijun Kaoshi (HSK). The HSK is a test designed to access the Mandarin proficiency of non-native learners. Through this course, students will be familiarised with all the components of the test, learn the most effective techniques to tackle test questions and try out practice papers for the HSK.
Agape School of Education offers two types of courses. HSK A is designed for a more comprehensive learning experience, with 180 hours of contact time. However, for students who are pressed for time, the HSK B course prepares learners with 60 hours of contact time.
The Beginners class focuses on the listening, grammar and reading comprehension components. Students test their skills during the practice HSK test papers.
Like the Beginners class, the Elementary/Intermediate classes focus on the listening, grammar, reading comprehension and fill-in-the-banks sections of the HSK. Students are given practice HSK papers and other opportunities to hone the skills required for success in the HSK. We also conduct in-class activities to facilitate learning.
The Advanced classes focus on the listening comprehension, reading comprehension, composition and oral portions of the HSK. Teachers will review the vocabulary needed to successfully complete the comprehension portion, go through the skills required for the HSK tests and conduct in-class activities to further reinforce concepts and skills.
The assessment standards are as follows:
|New HSK Standard||The size of learner’s vocabulary||Requirements for learners|
- Able to use simple Mandarin phrases and words.
- Able to achieve basic communication in Mandarin.
- Able to continue with more in-depth Mandarin learning.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of the basics of Mandarin.
- Able to sustain a simple, direct conversation on familiar everyday topics.
- Able to carry out basic tasks relating to studies, work and interpersonal communication in Mandarin.
- Manages most tasks which require communication when travelling in China.
|HSK (level 4)||1,200|| |
- Able to carry out a discussion on a wide range of topics.
- Able to easily communicate with native speakers of Mandarin.
- Able to read newspapers, magazines and watch television programmes.
- Able to give a full-length speech in Mandarin.
- Able to easily understand and read information in Mandarin.
- Able to express opinions fluently in Mandarin, both through speech and writing.